1. “I’ll teach the lot, and treat them just the same” – Helga Hufflepuff
This first quote comes from, of course, the founder of the Hufflepuff house. This quote shows that not only will a Hufflepuff learn, but they will be treated kindly and with respect.
2. “I feel that if a single pupil wants to come, then the school ought to remain open for that pupil.” – Pomona Sprout
This quote comes from the head of herbology herself, Professor Sprout. This quote embodies what it means to be a Hufflepuff, caring about the well being of everyone, even if that everyone is only one individual.
3. “Forgive and forget, I say, we ought to give Peeves a second chance ” – The fat Friar
This quote from The Fat Friar shows a great deal about the character of a Hufflepuff. Even though Peeves has done wrong, they should still forgive him because everyone deserves a redemption.
4. “Those patient Hufflepuffs are true and unafraid of toil.” – J.K Rowling
This quote comes not from a character but from the creator herself, J.K Rowling. If anyone knows the Hufflepuff house best it is going to be the woman who wrote the books. Her quote shows what it truly means to be part of the Honey Badger house; patient, true, and unafraid.
5. “They didn’t want to show off, they weren’t being reckless, that’s the essence of Hufflepuff.”- J.K Rowling
When asked if any Hufflepuffs stayed behind to fight in the battle of Hogwarts, she said that virtually all of them did, followed by this quote. They wanted to fight because it was the right thing to do, not for any sense of pride or validation.
6. “Only the gentle are ever really strong.” – James Dean
Okay so James Dean obviously wasn’t talking about Hufflepuffs but this quote really describes those sorted into the house to a tee. The Hufflepuffs are often passed on because they are seen as weak, when that couldn’t be further from the truth. They are the strongest, because they care.
7. “My philosophy is if you worry, you suffer twice.” – Newt Scamander
This final quote is not only a synopsis of a Hufflepuff, but advice. Do not worry, because worrying is half the battle. Put your best foot forward, and you’ll be okay.
Featured Image via YourTango
Bookstr is community supported. If you enjoy Bookstr’s articles, quizzes, graphics and videos, please join our Patreon to support our writers and creators or donate to our Paypal and help Bookstr to keep supporting the book loving community.
Become a Patron!