Outlander, the popular television series based on the historical romance novels by Diana Gabaldon, will have an End of Summer Series hosted by Sony beginning August 23rd.
If you would rather celebrate Bastille Day in bed with a book, here are seven books set in France to get you in the spirit!
What do Jamie and Claire have in common with Lin Manuel Miranda's 'Hamilton'?
If you love 'Outlander', you'll love these books.
The holiday season is upon us, and you know what that means—families coming together to bicker and brawl about politics, panicking about decorations and dinners, and gifts, gifts, and more gifts! So hide away from all the chaos in either these book adaptations or the original books themselves.
This month we have the long-awaited release of Netflix’s adapted series, The Witcher, to be released December 20th. Marvel fans can find entertainment on Hulu with the 2008 Iron Man film released, and, for those of you who dare to watch it, Spider-Man 3 is being released at the end of December as well.
December is also bringing a whole lot of intense action and drama. The award-winning adaptation of No Country for Old Men will be shooting its way onto Hulu at the very start of the year, and the legendary martial arts film Crouching Tiger, Hidden Dragon will also be released to start the month.
The Silence of the Lambs will be available to chill the already chilly season, on top of a new season of You.
Experience this horrific sight all over again December 31st on Hulu | Image via tenor
There’s even more streaming to look forward to this December! Check-out the full adaptation list below.
Every new release has been put into categories and include the Netflix and Hulu release dates to boot! Click on the titles or where it says “book” or “novel” to either the watch film/show trailer or to purchase the original book!
The Witcher will make his entrance December 20th on Netflix | Image via giphy
- Nightflyers (Season 1) – based on the novella and short stories by George R. R. Martin (December 2nd, Netflix)
- Outlander (Season 3) – based on the popular book series by Diana Gabaldon (December 10th, Netflix)
- The Witcher (2019 Netflix Original) – based on the book series by Andrzej Sapkowski (December 20th, Netflix)
You’d be crazy to not watch this new season of You on Netflix | Image via giphy
- The Counterfeit Traitor (1962 Film) – based on the nonfiction novel by Alexander Klein (November 1st, Hulu)
- You (Season 2) – based on the novel Caroline Kepnes’ follow-up novel Hidden Bodies (December 26th, Netflix)
- Rosemary’s Baby (1968 Film) – based on the novel by Ira Levin (December 1st, Hulu)
- The Silence of the Lambs (1991 Film) – based on the novel by Thomas Harris (December 1st, Hulu)
- The Reluctant Fundamentalist (2013 Film) – based on the novel by Mohsin Hamid (December 27th, Hulu)
Watch No Country For Old Men, it’ll blow your mind! | Image via Giphy
- Lawless (2012 Film) – based on the novel The Wettest Country in the World by Matt Bondurant (December 29th, Netflix)
- No Country for Old Men (2007 Film) – based on the novel by Cormac McCarthy (December 1st, Hulu)
While Morgan Freedman is Driving Miss Daisy, you can “drive youself” to Hulu to watch the film December 1st
- Driving Miss Daisy (1989 Film) – based on the novel by Alfred Uhry (December 1st, Hulu)
- Indecent Proposal (1993 Film) – based on the novel by Jack Engelhard (December 1st, Hulu)
- The Sisterhood of the Traveling Pants (2005 Film) – based on the novel by (December 1st, Hulu)
- On the Road (2013 Film) – based on the novel by Jack Kerouac (December 6th, Hulu)
- Whiskey Tango Foxtrot (2016 Film) – based on the memoir The Taliban Shuffle: Strange Days in Afghanistan and Pakistan by Kim Barker (December 24th, Hulu)
While the holidays “dragon”, find peace in the action packed film Crouching Tiger, Hidden Dragon
- Crouching Tiger, Hidden Dragon (2000 Film) – based on the novel by Wang Dulu (December 1st, Hulu)
- Die Another Day (2002 Film), Goldeneye (1995 Film), Tomorrow Never Dies (1997 Film), and The World Is Not Enough (1999 Film) – based on the James Bond novels by Ian Flemming (December 31st, Netflix)
Tired of Holiday Shopping? Chill at home by watching A Cinderella Story: Christmas Wish on Netflix
- A Cinderella Story: Christmas Wish (2019 Film) – based on the folktale Cinderella or The Little Glass Slipper (December 1st, Netflix)
- Doc Hollywood (1991 Film) – based on the novel What? Dead…Again? by Neil B. Shulman (December 1st, Hulu)
- The Bridges of Madison County (1995 Film) – based on the novel by Robert James Waller (December 1st, Hulu)
- Virgin River (2019 Netflix Original) – based on the novels by Robyn Carr (December 6th, Netflix)
Suit up for Iron Man, December 27th on Hulu
- Teasing Master Takagi-san (2018 Anime) – based on the manga series by Souichirou Yamamoto (December 5th, Netflix)
- V Wars (2019 Netflix Original) – based on the comic series by Jonathan Maberry and Alan Robinson (December 5th, Netflix)
- Hot Gimmick: Girl Meets Boy (2019 Film) – based on the manga series by Miki Aihara (December 28th, Netflix)
- The Disastrous Life of Saiki K.: Reawakened (Netflix Anime) – based on the manga by Shūichi Asō (December 30th, Netflix)
- Iron Man (2008 Film) – based on the Iron Mam Marvel comics (December 27th, Hulu)
- Spiderman 3 (2007 Film) – based on the Spiderman Marvel comics (December 31st, Hulu)
Who knew all these movies and shows were based on book? Granted, its obvious that the book will always be better, but we’re glad that these authors are receiving the recognition that they deserve!
Featured Image via CNET
Bookstr is community supported. If you enjoy Bookstr’s articles, quizzes, graphics and videos, please join our Patreon to support our writers and creators or donate to our Paypal and help Bookstr to keep supporting the book loving community.
Become a Patron!