In honor of Teacher Appreciation Week, why not take a stroll down the lane of all the books that we were required to read in school.
Reading is kind of like sex – mentally we may want to do it nonstop, but physically we can get burned out and it stops being enjoyable for the rest of the day. Maybe your mind is exhausted and you haven’t read a book in a few hours, or nights, maybe even WEEKS! Perhaps you’ve lost your reading mo-jo. You’re lacking in focus, you cant stay awake to read before bed, or maybe you just feel you don’t have the time anymore.
Well, here are ten quotes to get you out of this dry, paperless spell.
Gif Via You’reKillingUs.com
1. “It is what you read when you don’t have to that determines what you will be when you can’t help it.”
2. “Books are a uniquely portable magic.”
3. “A book is a version of the world. If you do not like it, ignore it or offer your own version in return.”
4. “Books can be dangerous. The best ones should be labeled “This could change your life.””
5. “Reading gives us someplace to go when we have to stay where we are.”
6. “A great book should leave you with many experiences, and slightly exhausted at the end. You live several lives while reading.”
7. “I think of life as a good book. The further you get into it, the more it begins to make sense.”
8. “Always read something that will make you look good if you die in the middle of it.”
9. “Books are the quietest and most constant of friends; they are the most accessible and wisest of counselors, and the most patient of teachers.”
Charles William Eliot
10. “You don’t have to burn books to destroy a culture. Just get people to stop reading them.”
Featured Image Via Pinterest