You know your party's a hit when Dumbledore's Army rolls through.
Everyone’s favorite Ravenclaw (not that there’s many to choose from) is Luna Lovegood and she is, anyway you look at her, likably odd. It’s as if J.K. Rowling made a list odd characteristics, stuck a character with them, and then realized the character needed redeemable qualities too, so she made a list of redeemable qualities, and gave those to Luna too. What fans have ended up with is one of the series’ most memorable characters.
She’s constantly bemused and her outlook on life is delightfully askew. She seems like the kind of person who doesn’t understand jokes, but that’s okay. She says things better than jokes. Here are ten things Luna’s said that make us go “Yeah.”
1. All my shoes have mysteriously disappeared. I suspect the Nargles are behind it.
2. Oh, I’ve interrupted a deep thought, haven’t I? I can see it growing smaller in your eyes.
3. I enjoyed the meetings, too. It was like having friends.
4. Wit beyond measure is a man’s greatest treasure.
5. I think they think I’m a bit odd, you know. Some people call me ‘Loony’ Lovegood, actually.
6. My mum always said things we lose have a way of coming back to us in the end. If not always in the way we expect.
7. She doesn’t think you treated her very well, because you wouldn’t dance with her. I don’t think I’d have minded. I don’t like dancing very much.
8. And anyway, it’s not as though I’ll never see Mum again, is it?
9. I sleepwalk, you see. That’s why I wear shoes to bed.
10. Don’t worry. You’re just as sane as I am.
Feature Image Via Warner Bros.
Luna the grey seal has left her muggle family to rejoin the magical ocean world. The staff at the National Aquarium in Baltimore deemed her well enough to return to the sea.
Named after Harry Potter character Luna Lovegood, Luna was discovered stranded in Ocean City, Maryland suffering from an array of ailments such as pneumonia, dehydration, lungworms, and bite wounds.
Image Via The App
She was treated at the aquarium care center since May 23rd and has thankfully made a full recovery. She was put on antibiotic therapy and a diet of fish gruel administered to her through tubes until she regained the ability to eat. During this treatment, brave Luna gained twenty pounds.
Image Via The App
While on land, she may not appear as graceful and delicate as her namesake, once in the water, Luna looks right at home, dipping and diving like she’s never been away. Best of luck, Luna!
Check out the full video of Luna’s release here!
Featured Image Via Baltimore Sun