Our favorite Ravenclaw, Luna Lovegood, believes herself to be a true Gryffindor in real life. The actress, Evanna Lynch, is an animal activist and she is currently fighting for owls that are being used as lab rats at John Hopkins University.
Here's some much needed inspiration to get us excited about costumes and actually having something to look forward to come Oct. 31.
Evanna Lynch is cautioning Potterheads to be wary of participating in obsessive fan culture.
You know your party's a hit when Dumbledore's Army rolls through.
Everyone’s favorite Ravenclaw (not that there’s many to choose from) is Luna Lovegood and she is, anyway you look at her, likably odd. It’s as if J.K. Rowling made a list odd characteristics, stuck a character with them, and then realized the character needed redeemable qualities too, so she made a list of redeemable qualities, and gave those to Luna too. What fans have ended up with is one of the series’ most memorable characters.
She’s constantly bemused and her outlook on life is delightfully askew. She seems like the kind of person who doesn’t understand jokes, but that’s okay. She says things better than jokes. Here are ten things Luna’s said that make us go “Yeah.”
1. All my shoes have mysteriously disappeared. I suspect the Nargles are behind it.
2. Oh, I’ve interrupted a deep thought, haven’t I? I can see it growing smaller in your eyes.
3. I enjoyed the meetings, too. It was like having friends.
4. Wit beyond measure is a man’s greatest treasure.
5. I think they think I’m a bit odd, you know. Some people call me ‘Loony’ Lovegood, actually.
6. My mum always said things we lose have a way of coming back to us in the end. If not always in the way we expect.
7. She doesn’t think you treated her very well, because you wouldn’t dance with her. I don’t think I’d have minded. I don’t like dancing very much.
8. And anyway, it’s not as though I’ll never see Mum again, is it?
9. I sleepwalk, you see. That’s why I wear shoes to bed.
10. Don’t worry. You’re just as sane as I am.
Feature Image Via Warner Bros.