Hey, Old Sport! Happy publishing day! It’s certain that The Great Gatsby has become a timeless classic that lives in the hearts of so many. We wanted to celebrate this special birthday by compiling our favorite quotes that bring out the best of these incredible characters.
1. “So we beat on, boats against the current, borne back ceaselessly into the past.”
2. “Let us learn to show our friendship for a man when he is alive and not after he is dead.”
3. “Life is much more successfully looked at from a single window.”
4. “It was one of those rare smiles with a quality of eternal reassurance in it, that you may come across four or five times in life.”
5. “A stirring warmth flowed from her, as if her heart was trying to come out to you concealed in one of those breathless, thrilling words.”
6. “He had come a long way to this blue lawn, and his dreams must have seemed so close that he could hardly fail to grasp it.”
7. “I love her and that’s the beginning and end of everything.”
Bookstr is community supported. If you enjoy Bookstr’s articles, quizzes, graphics and videos, please join our Patreon to support our writers and creators or donate to our Paypal and help Bookstr to keep supporting the book loving community. Become a Patron!
There was a major mistake in Episode 4 of Game of Throneslast night and it’s a pretty hilarious one. During the big dinner scene in the episode as Tormund toasts Jon Snow, Daenerys sulks in the background, giving Jon the side eye for all the attention he’s getting. However, eagle eyed viewers noticed an unusual object in the background, right next to Daenerys. What was the object? Why, a modern day Starbucks coffee cup, all of things! The plastic looking thing stood out in contrast to the rustic, moodily lit surroundings of the Winterfell hall and although a little hard to spot, you can’t unsee it once you do.
See if you can spot the offending latte in this GIF below:
Image Via The Verge
Naturally, the Internet reacted to this error with the usual storm of hilarious tweets and reactions. Here are some of the best ones below:
1. After last week's #GameOfThrones, the cinematographer had to fight off criticism that it was too dark and people couldn't see.
2. So this week he inserts an offending Starbucks cup into dark scene.
Felt like a failure today but then I saw that dozens of production and post-production crew failed to see that a Starbucks cup was left in a Game Of Thrones shot from their third to last episode ever & now I feel better.
Oops! That was a considerable blooper, that’s for sure. Perhaps this was all part of a strange tie in deal with Starbucks! After all, who wouldn’t want to have a Starbucks cup that says this on it?
It is always hilariously baffling when things like this happen, considering Game of Thrones’s massive production costs. Still, it provided many great laughs and memes from the fanbase. Did you catch the Starbucks mug in all its glory in this episode? What was your reaction to it? Let us know in the comments!