Winter is (almost) here for Game of Thrones fans. While the show is about to have its final season premiere (I'm already crying), fans are gearing up their preparations for premiere parties and the inevitable stress eating that will ensue. So I have found and tested a lot of recipes that are perfect for any Thrones fan and will surely be a hit at any King's feast!
The wonderful world of Harry Potter will forever be untouchable. Whether you’re planning the perfect literary themed parties or even just doing some casual meal planning for the fall, these fan-adapted recipes for Harry Potter classics are your best bet at reliving the series! If you’re like me and you’re not ready to let the series go yet, these delectable sweets are perfect for die-hard fans like us.
Image Via The Pastry Affair
1. These gorgeous Butterbeer Cupcakes seem like they would be a hit! The creator describes them as “essentially a brown sugar cupcake infused with cream soda and butter flavors”. What else could you want?
Image Via Buzzfeed
2. Or, if you want the real thing, this butterbeer recipe from Buzzfeed is a more boozy-option for a fun night at The Three Broomsticks.
Image Via Ezra Pound Cake
3. These chocolate frogs are the ideal bit of dessert you’ll need after this filling feast. They’re super life-like, but they won’t jump away after you make them!
Image Via Food & Wine
4. You never, ever want to be on the receiving end of a howler, but when they’re this cute who can help from wanting to make them at home? These pumpkin howlers are filled with mascarpone and pumpkin filling and deep-fried into an ooey-gooey goodness.
Image Via Teaspoon of Nose
5. These homemade Mandrake Cakes are so comical and creative! They even recommend purchasing little plastic babies to really get the full screaming baby effect when you pull them out of the soil.
Image Via Alex Pennegill Photography
6. These pumpkin pasties are perfect for the Harry Potter lover in all of us, but also for those of us who are obsessed with fall. The creator recommends that these ‘handheld pumpkin pies’ go great with whip cream and a butterbeer.
Image Via This Grandma is Fun
7. This really simple recipe for polyjuice potion is a great companion for your next Harry Potter marathon, especially for the second movie! Join the golden trio with this easy to make polyjuice potion as they try to spy on Draco Malfoy.
Featured Image Via Harry Potter Wiki
Are you a self-proclaimed foodie or an amazing home chef? Are you actually an amazing cook or do you just love food and the idea of cooking, kind of like me?
If you identify as any of the above, then you’ll love the new app called ckbk. Created by the founders of 1,000 Cookbooks, ckbk is a subscription service similar to Spotify and Kindle that offers unlimited access to a carefully curated selection of cookbooks. It’s set to launch this year after a successful Kickstarter campaign raised over $55,000 (over double its goal) for its development.
A lot of excitement has brewed for this app as it’s found a fresh, interactive take on the beauty of cookbook writing and the sometimes overwhelming pressure of massive recipe websites. The app spawned from a similar idea to that of 1,000 Cookbooks. As it states on the project’s website, “People love to eat, they love to cook, and they love to read about food, but although we are drowning in online recipes, much of the best food writing exists only in cookbooks.”
Image Via ckbk
Founded by food-loving Matthew Cockerill, who began his career in science publishing, alongside award-winning food writer and editor Nadia Arumugam, this exciting new service will give its users access to over 100,000 recipes and more than 500 cookbooks from their collection.
The book selections are carefully chosen by similar chefs and authors who contributed to the 1,000 Cookbooks project, which compiled recipes and cookbooks for all kinds of food-lovers.
The creators of the app have also teamed up with a number of publishers and authors to get licensed versions of cookbooks – a lot of which have never been offered in digital print. Cockerill has also tried to secure the rights of culinary legends that have passed away, so as to offer the classics alongside the more contemporary counterparts.
This new digital cookbook service will be available at $8.99 per month. The app will be similar to Spotify in that users can create “recipe playlists”. It also provides a forum for users to share hints, tips, and recommendations. The platform is designed to help users “‘fall down a rabbit hole’ to discover the best culinary content,” says Cockerill.
Featured Image Via Spoon University
Anthony Bourdain’s legacy in the food and travel world continues with news of a new biography about his life on the way. The book will be published by Ecco in the fall of 2019 with Bourdain’s long-time assistant, Laurie Woolever, editing the book.
Bourdain: The Oral Biography will be a “portrait of the writer, veteran chef and television travel, built from the stories shared by those who knew him best.”
Woolever, on editing the book said, “I’m honored to now be working with his estate…in order to share the story of a life that influenced so many people, in so many ways, all across the globe.”
The book isn’t available for pre-order yet, but is set to be published in fall of 2019.
Featured image via CNN.
Ever since Twitter favorite Chrissy Teigen released her first cook book, Cravings, I’ve been waiting for more scrumptious recipes. My patience has paid off as she’s finally releasing a second cookbook, Cravings: Hungry For More. She shared the news on her Instagram writing, “BLESSED DAY, IT’S HERE!!!!”
BLESSED DAY, IT’S HERE!!!! My second #CRAVINGScookbook is available for pre-order!! Everything Bagel Cream Cheese Breakfast Bake, French Onion Soup with Croissant Croutons, Grilled Pork Banh Mi Sandwiches, Philly French Dip, Roasted Butternut & Pomegranate Salad, and more more more ohhhhhh there is much to love! Link to pre-order in my bio!!!
Yes, Chrissy, we are blessed.
The cookbook is set to be released September 18 of this year with many recipes including an Everything Bagel Cream Cheese Breakfast Bake, French Onion Soup With Croissant Croutons, Grilled Pork Banh Mi Sandwiches, and Philly French Dip just to name a few.
Her first cookbook brought us many recipes including Chicken Pot Pie Soup and John’s Tuscan Brick Chicken so this new collection of recipes surly won’t disappoint.
All we can do now is pre-order the book and wait patiently until our new culinary bible arrives.
Featured Image Via Make It Better.