Who doesn't know the Sleeping Beauty story? It's intriguing and dark and terrifying all at the same time.
With all this time on our hands during this quarantine, check out these seven health and beauty books to help you achieve that quarantine glow up!
Usually in class, you begin taking notes and then your pen slowly drifts to the margins and begins doodling some stick figures doing things. The notes sometimes don’t even get taken, but when they do, they don’t look nice. Most people probably aren’t rushing to their chemistry notebook to look at their lovely notes. The opposite, really.
But, if you think about it, beautiful notes make studying more enticing. They can only improve things for bored students. Note-taking becomes less a begrudging slog, and more of a thoughtful art. So let’s give it up for, and maybe envy, the best note-takers on the internet, courtesy of reddit’s r/PenmanshipPorn.
“My 13 year old friend’s health notes!” | Image Via reddit
Biochemistry notes. | Image Via reddit
That cursive, though. | Image Via reddit
Chemistry, maybe? | Image Via reddit
These notes makes this person look like a genius at Anatomy. | Image Via reddit
Math notes! | Image Via reddit
These chemists know a thing or two about notes. | Image via reddit
These chemistry notes were written by a fourteen-year-old. | Image Via reddit
Tempormandibular looks like such a nice word now. | Image Via reddit
Feature Image Via reddit
Pencil sculptures are without a doubt the artform of the future. Why? Because of Instagram. They are all over Instagram. For those not in the know, sculptors shave pencils down enough that they can sculpt the graphite into names, numbers, or characters. They’re astonishingly creative, even though they’re probably not practical. Chances are the graphite would snap off and when you go to write with it, it’d have that annoying double line. They’re still nice to look at anyway. Enjoy some of the nicest pencil sculptures out there.
1. Dire Wolf
Image Via reddit
2. My name
3. BB-8 and R2-D2
No. 88 ‘Star Wars’ For the day that’s in it in Ireland. The release of Starwars Film. #pencilsbysean #pencilcarving #pencilart #pencilsculpture #bb8 #r2d2 #starwars #starwarsfilm #starwarsmovie #disney #lucasfilm #whitecolouringpencil #skelligmichael #skelligmichaelisland #irish #irishartist #irishdesign #irishart #handcrafted #handmade #craft #untwineireland #untwineunique
4. Battle of the gods
No. 89 “Airplane” Any booked any holidays that they will be flying off to this year? ? #pencilsbysean #pencilcarving #pencilart #pencilsculpture #plane #airplane #flying #holidays #boeing #airbus #ryanair #aerlingus #britishairways #airfrance #Irishartist #irishdesign #irishart #handcrafted #handmade #craft #untwineireland #dublinairport #shannonairport #corkairport
6. Happy New Year
新年の挨拶が遅くなりましたが、あけましておめでとうございますーっ！ 今年もしっぽり彫っていくばい！ という事で今年もよろしくお願いします(^^) レターポット始めました(^^) URLはプロフィールからお願い致します(^^) #えんぴつ彫刻 #えんぴつ彫刻家 #鉛筆 #pencil #彫刻 #sculpture #日本 #japan #福岡 #fukuoka #Pencilsculpture #革命 #えんぴつ #pencilcarving #carving #三菱 #mitsubishi #HB #pentax #India #Cricket #作業療法 #リハビリテーション #revolution
Image Via Colossal
10. The Eiffel Tower
Feature Image By Jasenko Đorđević Via Business Insider
The Great Gatsby is so embedded in our cultural consciousness that it’s sometimes hard to remember why it’s remembered. It’s because it’s great. Fitzgerald has a way of writing poetically, but never sinking to levels of purple prose. Instead, he’s accurate. His sentences are like word photographs.
Here are twenty of those lines. They are relatable and hard to forget. They’re the sort of lines you hear and then your personality changes. Are you hyped? Are you excited to have a different personality?
1. And I like large parties. They’re so intimate. At small parties there isn’t any privacy.
2. Life is much more successfully looked at from a single window.
3. There are only the pursued, the pursuing, the busy and the tired.
4. His dream must have seemed so close that he could hardly fail to grasp it. He did not know that it was already behind him.
5. Their eyes met and they stared together at each other, alone in space.
6. I wasn’t actually in love, but I felt a sort of tender curiosity.
7. Let us learn to show our friendship for a man when he is alive and not after he is dead.
8. Life starts all over again when it gets crisp in the fall.
9. People disappeared, reappeared, made plans to go somewhere, and then lost each other, searched for each other, found each other a few feet away.
10. You see I usually find myself among strangers because I drift here and there trying to forget the sad things that happened to me.
Image Via Warner Bros.
11. Angry, and half in love with her, and tremendously sorry, I turned away.
12. It’s a great advantage not to drink among hard drinking people.
13. I think he revalued everything in his house according to the measure of response it drew from her well-loved eyes.
14. So we drove on toward death through the cooling twilight.
15. It takes two to make an accident.
16. No amount of fire or freshness can challenge what a man will store up in his ghostly heart.
17. If personality is an unbroken series of successful gestures, then there was something gorgeous about him.
18. …and for a moment I thought I loved her. But I am slow-thinking and full of interior rules that act as brakes on my desires.
19. “What’ll we do with ourselves this afternoon?” cried Daisy, “and the day after that, and the next thirty years?”
20. So we beat on, boats against the current, borne back ceaselessly into the past.
Feature Image Via Warner Bros.