Aside from the simplicity of the story, this book is filled with so much heart, as well as beautiful quotes to take to heart, especially for those who grew up either reading and/or watching 'Winnie The Pooh.'
Childhood magic is usually captured through the books we’ve read and the world we’ve imagined in the comfort of our backyards or sunlit bedrooms. The sky was the limit on a bright afternoon and seeking out new adventures with friends is how we lived and learned. Somewhere, laced in-between these moments, is a little bear who is near and dear to everyone’s heart. No voice was ever as soothing as Winnie the Pooh’s. His entourage of sweet animal pals and Christopher Robin have taught us the importance of friendship and lessons that carry through generations.
So guess what? Today is Winnie the Pooh Day. That yellow fur and red shirt are recognizable all over the world. Therefore we believe A.A. Milne’s work and famous literary creation ought to be honored. The ten quotes below from the author himself are about as sweet as honey.
1. If ever there is tomorrow when we’re not together… there is something you must always remember. You are braver than you believe, stronger than you seem, and smarter than you think. But the most important thing is, even if we’re apart… I’ll always be with you.
2. You can’t stay in your corner of the Forest waiting for others to come to you. You have to go to them sometimes.
3. I think we dream so we don’t have to be apart for so long. If we’re in each other’s dreams, we can be together all the time.
4. Sometimes,’ said Pooh, ‘the smallest things take up the most room in your heart.
5. One of the advantages of being disorganized is that one is always having surprising discoveries.
6. Rivers know this: there is no hurry. We shall get there some day.
7. Sometimes, if you stand on the bottom rail of a bridge and lean over to watch the river slipping slowly away beneath you, you will suddenly know everything there is to be known.
8. Don’t underestimate the value of doing nothing, of just going along, listening to all the things you can’t hear, and not bothering.
9. Pay attention to where you are going because without meaning you might get nowhere.
10. But it isn’t easy,’ said Pooh. ‘Because Poetry and Hums aren’t things which you get, they’re things which get you. And all you can do is to go where they can find you.
11. Some people care too much. I think it’s called love.
Feature Image Via Bio.com