Outlander is low-key one of the hottest literary properties out there. Mixing romance, historical fiction, and science fiction, Diana Gabaldon’s book series has inspired Ronald D. Moore’s hit TV series, which has in turn made Gabaldon’s book series even more successful.
But, of course, it all started with words on a page. Gabaldon’s words shan’t soon be forgotten, and, if we have anything to say about it, they will not be. Here are some of the most memorable, touching, and illuminating lines from Gabaldon’s wonderful Outlander series.
Image Via Amazon
1. “Ye werena the first lass I kissed,” he said softly. “But I swear you’ll be the last.”
2. For where all love is, the speaking is unnecessary.
3. You are mine, always, if ye will it or no, if ye want me or nay. Mine, and I willna let ye go.
4. Forgiveness is not a single act, but a matter of constant practice.
5. Don’t be afraid. There’s the two of us now.
6. If it was a sin for you to choose me . . . then I would go to the Devil himself and bless him for tempting ye to it.
7. It has always been forever for me…
8. I stood still, vision blurring, and in that moment, I heard my heart break. It was a small, clean sound, like the snapping of a flower’s stem.
9. I can bear pain myself, he said softly, but I couldna bear yours. That would take more strength than I have.
10. “When the day shall come that we do part,” he said softly, and turned to look at me, “if my last words are not ‘I love you’-ye’ll ken it was because I didna have time.”
Feature Image Via Netflix