World Plant a Vegetable Garden Day is celebrated on May 19th. This holiday was founded by Bob Matthews, an author and lifelong gardener, in 2019. According to Matthews, the purpose of this day is to “help feed a hungry planet” and encourage people to partake in gardening. Although Matthews originally created this day to inspire people to start their own vegetable garden, he says you may also begin a flower or herb garden too.
Below are seven beautiful quotes about gardens and gardening to inspire you to begin finding your inner green thumb, or to help you appreciate gardening even more!
1. “What people see in a garden is a reflection of what is in their heart.” – Shoukei Matsumoto
2. “A garden is a delight to the eye and a solace for the soul.” – Saadi
3. “Life begins the day you start a garden.” – Chinese proverb
4. “There are no gardening mistakes, only experiments.”- Janet Kilburn Phillips
5. “Gardeners, I think, dream bigger than emperors.”- Mary Cantwell
6. “My garden is my most beautiful masterpiece.”- Claude Monet
7. “A garden is a grand teacher. It teaches patience and careful watchfulness; it teaches industry and thrift; above all it teaches entire trust.” – Gertrude Jekyll
FEATURED IMAGE VIA BIBRA LAKE SOILS