Today marks the seventh anniversay of the movie premiere for Suzanne Collins’ Catching Fire, the second installment of The Hunger Games trilogy, in which selected tributes of Hunger Games past are sent back into the arena, including Katniss and Peeta. In honor of what I deem the day that the best movie of the series was released, I’m sharing the seven best Peeta quotes to honor the seventh year this amazing story caught fire in our hearts.
1. “My nightmares are usually about losing you. I’m okay once I realize you’re here.”
2. “I wish I could freeze this moment, right here, right now, and live in it forever.”
3. “There’s nothing for you to be sorry about. You were just keeping us alive. But I don’t want us to go on like this, ignoring each other in real life and falling into the snow every time there’s a camera around. So I thought if I stopped being so, you know, wounded, we could take a shot at just being friends.”
4. “It’s you, Katniss. Can’t you see?”
5. “With my paint box at home, I can make every color imaginable. Pink. As pale as a babies skin. Or as deep as rhubarb. Green like spring grass. Blue that shimmers like ice on water.”
6. If you die and I live, there’s no life for me at all back in District 12. You’re my whole life. I would never be happy again.
feature image via pinterest
all in-text images via pinterest