Happy National Grammar Day readers and writers! Have you ever submitted an essay or an article and then immediately notice a grammar mistake that haunts you for several nights? No, just me? Ok then.
Well, to help you avoid waking up in a cold sweat over a small grammar issue, here are a few of the top grammar books available to you according to Amazon, becomeawritertoday.com, and Mark Nichol, a write at Daily Writing Tips.
1. The elements of style by william strunk jr. & E.B. White
2. The Blue Book of Grammar and Punctuation by Jane Straus
3. The sense of style: The thinking person’s guide to writing in the 21st century by steven pinker
4. Practical english usage by michael swan
5. grammar girl’s quick and dirty tips for better writing by mignon fogarty
6. the perfect english grammar workbook: simple rules and quizzes to master today’s english by lisa mclendon
7. An a-z of english grammar & usage by geoffrey n. leech, benita cruickshank, and roz ivanic
8. spunk & bite: A writer’s guide to bold, contemporary style by arthur plotnik
Feature image via mental floss