Father’s Day was this past Sunday, and it got us ruminating on the wisdom of fathers, so here are some memorable quotes from fathers and paternal figures in fiction. Enjoy!
1. “Never trust anything that can think for itself if you can’t where it keeps its brain.”- Arthur Weasley, Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets
2. “I wanted you to see what real courage is, instead if getting the idea that courage is a man with a gun in his hand. It’s when you know you’re licked before you begin but you begin anyway and you see it through no matter what. You rarely win, but sometimes you do.”- Atticus Finch, To Kill A Mockingbird
3. “The only time a man can be brave is when he is afraid.”- Eddard (Ned) Stark, A Game of Thrones
4. “Keep a little fire burning; however small, however hidden.” – The Man, The Road
5. “Stories don’t always have happy endings.”- Dad, A Monster Calls
Featured Image Via Daily Magazine