Some books are so easy to describe in one sentence, even if we give away some major plot details. Either way, we love coming up with these to describe some of our favorite works of literature. Submit some of your own in the comments and don’t forget to check out 10 more books described in one sentence!
1) Wuthering Heights by Emily Bronte
Rich girl falls in love with poor guy, but marries rich guy instead, dies, and poor guy is sad.
2) Harry Potter and the Sorcerer’s Stone by J.K. Rowling
Boy wizard must defeat bald, snake-like man, which takes another 6 books.
3) A Series of Unfortunate Events by Lemony Snicket
Three unfortunate orphans can’t escape scary actor man who occasionally dresses up as a woman.
4) The Great Gatsby by F. Scott Fitzgerald
Rich people try to put love over money and fail.
5) Alice’s Adventures in Wonderland by Lewis Carroll
Girl either dreams or takes too many drugs, meets a bunch of weird characters, and tries to get back home.