Ever since season 7 of Game of Thrones began airing on HBO last month, it’s all that anyone can talk about: during work, in online group chats and even during the brief albeit painfully stuffy trips via the elevator. Even worse is when you know you are the only one who still doesn’t understand what all the fuss is about.
1. Even though it’s clearly August, your friends will repeat the phrase “Winter is here” underneath the blazing hot sun as if it’s some secret code.
Via PopSugar and http://bit.ly/2w6zA4U
2. When winter is really here, your friends will mysteriously disappear every Sunday evening…
3. …Only to rise again on Monday morning. Instead of making monotonous small talk, people now spend Monday mornings exclaiming over what just happened last night and complaining about spoilers.
4. You listen in to their conversations and find out you have absolutely no knowledge of the names mentioned, I mean, Khaleesi, who has a name like that?
ME: Actually, her name is not Khaleesi. That’s her Dothraki title. Her name is Daenerys Targaryen.
GUY ON SUBWAY: I didn’t say anything
— pat tobin (@tastefactory) March 21, 2015
5. When you reveal you don’t watch GoT:
“What!? You have no idea what you are missing.”
OR “It’s amazing I promise you’ll get into it!”
6. Even if you managed to borrow someone’s HBO Go password, you just can’t get into it.
7. Or if you plan on starting now, it’s too late because everyone around you have already spoiled it.
Via Screener TV
8. When someone makes a GoT joke and you smile awkwardly pretending to have understood the context.
9. When you didn’t even realize it was a GoT joke and you’re like “eh?”
10. When you get called out for not watching the show.
11. When all your friends are swooning over last night’s epic episode in the group chat.
12. When a die-hard GoT fan starts sharing with you some of the most mind-blowing theories but you had lost him/her at the first sentence, so you just nod in silent agreement and smile politely.
Via The Hollywood Gossip
13. Every week, a certain important character dies and people mourn. You give a feigned frown when their name is mentioned but deep down you know you don’t care at all.
14. When you catch a quick glimpse of the scenes involving dead bodies or nudity.
15. When that dedicated fan tells you it’s better to read the books first.
16. When someone asks you about GoT houses:
“Umm…Starks and…Slytherin? Ravenclaw?”
17. When your social media feed is completely clogged by GoT content. You keep swiping but they are ENDLESS.
Via Digital Spy
18. You secretly thank the heavens that there are only seven episodes in this season.
Hang in there, only four more episodes until winter is over.
Featured image courtesy of Bustle