Romance novels get a bad reputation for being trashy, but if you enjoy reading them then so be it! As much as some of us may love these novels you have to admit, some of the covers can be downright…questionable. Here are 15 of the funniest romance novel covers because unfortunately, not every cover can feature our beloved Fabio.
1) The Bull Rider’s Christmas Baby by Laura Altom
It’s the gift that keeps on giving!
2) Aroused by Two Lions by Celia Styles
This is NOT what Mufasa would have wanted…
3) All I Want for Christmas is a Vampire by Kerrelyn Sparks
I would have settled for a new pair of shoes, but to each their own.
4) Hedging His Bets by Celia Kyle and Mina Carter
Okay, I get making allusions to animals, but can’t we keep some creatures sacred? Like hedgehogs?
5) My Holiday Cowboy by Rebecca Elyon
I feel like the bear made a wrong turn and wandered into the photo by accident. It’s okay Mr. Bear, we forgive you.
6) How to Lose an Extraterrestrial in Ten Days by Susan Grant
This one reminds me of something, just can’t put my finger on what…
7) Mad, Bad, and Dangerous in Plaid by Suzanne Enoch
How I like my men.
8) Beginner’s Guide to Rakes by Suzanne Enoch
Okay, time for some honesty. After the last one I looked at all of Suzanne Enoch’s books and I couldn’t pick just one — they’re that good. This title both scares and intrigues me.
9) Rough and Ready by Sandra Hill
This isn’t the funniest cover, but this reading of an actual excerpt from the book will change how you see this title forever.
10) Jungle Freakn’ Bride by Eve Langlais
She’s not your average jungle bride, she’s the freakin’ bride.
11) Kill or Be Kilt by Victoria Roberts
Can we just take a minute and talk about how so many romance novels are about Scotsmen? I mean, not that I’m complaining.
12) Crossing the Line by Jean Brashear
This may have crossed the line of overly-cheesy romance novel covers.
13) Honorable Intentions by Catherine Mann
They’re both looking into different futures where they’re not forced to pose for this over-the-top book cover.
14) Ghost of a Chance by Jayne Ann Krentz
The woman on the bottom left corner and I have the same reaction to this cover.
15) Recipe for Temptation by Maureen Smith
Mmm, tastes like apples, apparently.
Featured image courtesy of http://bit.ly/2pWHEBw