With all of the work we do daily, it’s difficult to find the time to read. Some of us read before breakfast, on the way to work, on our lunch break, or even before bed. If we’re lucky, we have the whole day to read. To increase the number of books you’ve read this year, here are a list of books that you can finish in a day – or less!
1) The Importance of Being Earnest by Oscar Wilde (64 pages)
2) The Old Man and the Sea by Ernest Hemingway (128 pages)
3) A Room of One’s Own by Virginia Woolf (114 pages)
4) Of Mice and Men by John Steinbeck (108 pages)
5) Metamorphosis by Franz Kafka (76 pages)
6) Night by Elie Wiesel (120 pages)
7) The Little Prince by Antoine de Saint-Exupéry (110 pages)
8) We Have Always Lived in the Castle by Shirley Jackson (146 pages)
9) The Great Gatsby by F. Scott Fitzgerald (180 pages)
10) Giovanni’s Room by James Baldwin (176 pages)
11) Tuck Everlasting by Natalie Babbitt (139 pages)
What are some of your favorite short books or plays? Let us know!