Whenever you spend a lot of time doing something you love, you’re bound to come across a few things that just bother you. Vacationing, for instance, is wonderful. But you also have to wait on security at the airport. Not fun. Food is also great. But you have to pay for it. Not fun.
Reading, as we all can agree, is a wonderful pastime. But there are just some things in books that tick me off a little bit. Here are ten of those things.
1. When you spend a chapter watching somebody walk from point A to point B.
2. When two characters fall in love just because one is a boy and one is a girl but they have nothing in common.
3. When there’s a group of boys with one girl because there would realistically be at least two girls.
a gang of misfits where theres only 1 girl is the Most Unrealistic trope in media..we always travel in packs, usually with 1 friend who provides emotional support, 1 who keeps us from doing dumb shit & 1 who always pulls out stuff u need from her bag..boys cant replace such bonds
— f thot fitzgerald (@dracomallfoys) December 10, 2017
4. When the main character is an orphan just cause.
5. When the plot advances a millimeter in fifteen pages because we’ve heard the speaker’s every thought.
6. When there are no jokes and everything is just very grim.
7. When the writer is being edgy and writes in the second person (Besides you, Italo Calvino in If on a winter’s night a traveler. You can do no wrong.)
8. When there are jokes but they’re puns.
9. When the speaker describes how they look.
10. When the main character is attractive.
Feature Image Via Disney