Ernest Hemingway: A drinker, a hunter, and an old-fashioned manly man. He had a big beard. He often wrote short sentences with short words in them. He liked simplicity, truth, and also alcohol.
He wrote many things and won many awards for those things he wrote. Now I will condense his many works into ten brief quotations for which he is often remembered. Here are those ten quotations.
1. When people talk, listen completely. Most people never listen.
2. There is no friend as loyal as a book.
3. I drink to make other people more interesting.
4. Happiness in intelligent people is the rarest thing I know.
5. The world breaks everyone, and afterward, many are strong at the broken places.
6. I love sleep. My life has the tendency to fall apart when I’m awake, you know?
7. Always do sober what you said you’d do drunk. That will teach you to keep your mouth shut.
8. You can’t get away from yourself by moving from one place to another.
9. The most painful thing is losing yourself in the process of loving someone too much, and forgetting that you are special too.
10. The best way to find out if you can trust somebody is to trust them.
Image Via Pinterest
Feature Image Via ABC News