Best Buy has dictated that we will celebrate National Vampire Awareness Day and Halloween in the same week. The holiday actually has nothing to do with vampires, but with the electronics term, “Vampire load,” which refers to the electricity that’s sucked up by leaving your appliances plugged in even if they’re turned off. Either way, we have an excuse to celebrate the greatest vampire of the modern era: Damon Salvatore.
Image via Wikipedia
He’s a complicated and admittedly terrible guy at times, but still a deeply caring and eventful one too. He also has the best one-liners.
Behold the wit and insight of my epic man-crush:
1. It’s cool not growing old. I like being the eternal stud.
2. You can’t just sit there and wait for life to come to you. You have to go get it.
3. Dear diary, a chipmunk asked me my name today. I told him it was Joe. That lie… will haunt me… forever.
4. See, I don’t mind being the bad guy. Because somebody has to fill that role and get things done. You do bad things for no reason. You do them to be a dick.
5. Some girls just can’t resist my good looks, my style, and my charm, and my unflinching ability to listen to Taylor Swift.
6. Am I wearing my “I blew up the council” t-shirt? Why does everybody keep asking me that?
7. Yoo hoo. Anybody home? Big bad vampire out here.
8. If you’re going to be bad, be bad with purpose, otherwise you’re just not worth forgiving.
9. You want what everybody wants… You want a love that consumes you. You want passion and adventure, and even a little danger.
10. Stefan is different. He wants to be human. He wants to feel every episode of How I Met Your Mother.
Thank you, Vampire Diaries, for entertaining me once I got bored of Arrowverse.
Featured Image via Playbuzz