A Dance with Dragons, the fifth installment in George R.R. Martin’s epic fantasy series A Song of Ice and Fire, was published in July 2011 and ended on a huge cliffhanger. Since then, Martin has missed several self-imposed deadlines to finish writing the next book (titled The Winds of Winter), and eventually gave up on deadlines altogether. Fans have been impatiently awaiting Winds for nearly seven years… and one reddit user got tired of waiting. They made a bot read the series so far – that’s almost two million words, by the way – then had it generate its own ending. The bot gave it the title ‘A Conspiracy of Fisherfolk’ and it’s a trip.
I recommend reading the whole thing, but here are a few personal highlights:
- “Jon could hear the laughter of his uncle follow him to Dorne like the shrieks of a vengeful moth.”
- “‘I fear thinking,’ Jon said to his horse.”
- “Tyrion sighed a great deal, as he was dead.”
- “The King pointed to a child, and said ‘It is feeble and helpless and I should command it to die.'”
- “The city streets hooted furiously while Lord Gendry pulled the Queen from his nostrils.”
- “The maid was dead and her little stomach was wobbly with murder.”
It may be a little incoherent, but I think it’s got the spirit. Check out the whole thing here!
Feature Image Via Game of Thrones Wiki