We sure love our libraries, and we know you do too. The New York Public Library, with over 92 locations in Staten Island, the Bronx, and Manhattan, there’s no doubt that a library is just around the corner. The best thing about libraries is that the books are free, you can browse around forever, and take as many books as you want home (usually). The only downside is that the books have to go back.
With over 25 million books in rotation each year, it’s hard to believe how the library is able to keep track of everything. But, in 2016, the NYPL was able to narrow down their 10 ten checkouts for the year.
Take a look!
1) The Girl on the Train by Paula Hawkins
2) Between the World and Me by Ta-Nehisi Coates
3) When Breath Becomes Air by Paul Kalanithi
4) Go Set a Watchman by Harper Lee
5) Why Not Me? by Mindy Kaling
6) Modern Romance by Aziz Ansari and Eric Klinenberg
7) To Kill a Mockingbird by Harper Lee
8) The Goldfinch by Donna Tartt
9) All the Light We Cannot See by Anthony Doerr
10) The Nightingale by Kristin Hannah
How many on this list have you read?
Featured image courtesy of NPR