Sometimes, we read books to feel better about life -a good book teaches us something, whether it be about ourselves, or life in general. A quote from a book can stick with us forever and is always there when we need a little inspiration or a pick-me-up. We often find joy in the words that we are not able to say, but are able to read. Here are some of the best quotes from books that have stuck with us.
1) “As he read, I fell in love the way you fall asleep: slowly, and then all at once.”
— John Green, The Fault In Our Stars
2) “How wonderful it is that nobody need wait a single moment before starting to improve the world.”
— Anne Frank, The Diary of a Young Girl
3) “It’s the possibility of having a dream come true that makes life interesting.”
? Paulo Coelho, The Alchemist
4) “We’ve all got both light and dark inside us. What matters is the part we choose to act on. That’s who we really are.”
—J.K. Rowling, Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix
5) “You have brains in your head. You have feet in your shoes. You can steer yourself any direction you choose. You’re on your own. And you know what you know. And YOU are the one who’ll decide where to go…”
? Dr. Seuss, Oh, The Places You’ll Go!
6) “All that is gold does not glitter, Not all those who wander are lost; The old that is strong does not wither, Deep roots are not reached by the frost.”
— J.R.R. Tolkien, The Fellowship of the Ring
7) “The pieces I am, she gather them and gave them back to me in all the right order.”
—Toni Morrison, Beloved
8) “I took a deep breath and listened to the old brag of my heart; I am, I am, I am.”
—Sylvia Plath, The Bell Jar
9) “There is no greater agony than bearing an untold story inside you.”
? Maya Angelou, I Know Why the Caged Bird Sings
10) “And so we beat on, boats against the current, borne back ceaselessly into the past.”
— F. Scott Fitzgerald, The Great Gatsby
What are some of your favorite quotes?
Featured image courtesy of Bustle