Happy birthday to the amazing Maya Angelou! An American poet, memoirist, civil rights activits, she has created autobiographies, essays, and books of poetry. For those who haven’t read any of her works try reading: I Know Why the Caged Bird Sings (1969), A Brave and Startling Truth (1995), and Even the Stars Look Lonesome (1997).
To celebrate Maya Angelou’s birthday here are 5 of her most inspiring quotes.
1. “I’ve learned that people will forget what you said, people will forget what you didi, but peole will never forget how you made them feel.”Maya Angelou
2. “We delight in the beauty of the butterfly, but rarely admit the changes it has gone through to achieve that beauty.”Maya Angelou
3. “I don’t trust people who don’t love themselves and tell me ‘I love you’… There is an African saying which is: Be careful when a naked person offers you a shirt.”Maya Angelou
4. “My mission in life is not merely to survive , but to thrive; and to do so with some passion, some compassion, some humor and some style.”Maya Angelou
5. “You may encounter many defeats, but you must not be defeated. In fact, it may be necessary to encounter the defeats, so you can know who you are, what yo can rise from, how you can still come out of it.”Maya Angelou
Go to Bookstr for more content on Maya Angelou
FEATURED IMAGE VIA FAILURE BEFORE SUCCESS