“That’s, um, stirred not shaken.” James Bond has been sipping drinks since 1953. With classic drinks in hand and his impeccable style, our favorite 007 agent has proven to be a powerhouse on screen and in the beloved books. If you’re feeling classy, hosting a party or simply a little thirsty, there is nothing quite as tasty as these classic cocktails.
Americano : From Russia with Love
1 1/2 ounces of Campari 1 1/2 ounces sweet vermouth
Club soda, to top Orange twist for garnish
1. Add the Campari and sweet vermouth into a highball glass filled with ice.
2. Top with club soda and stir gently to combine.
3. Garnish with an orange twist. Enjoy!
Negroni: For Your Eyes Only
1 ounce of gin 1 ounce of Campari
1 ounce sweet vermouth Orange peel for garnish
- Add the gin, Campari and sweet vermouth to a mixing glass filled with ice, and stir until well-chilled. Enjoy!
Old Fashioned: Diamonds are Forever
1/2 tsp sugar 3 dashes of Angostura bitters
1 tsp water 2 ounces bourbon Orange peel for garnish
- Add the sugar and bitters to a rock glass, then add water. Stir until sugar is nearly dissolved.
- Fill the glass with large ice cubes, add the bourbon, and gently stir to combine.
- Express the oil of an orange peel over the glass, then drop in. Enjoy!
2 ounces of cognac 1 ounce white creme de menthe
- Add the ingredients into a mixing glass with ice and stir.
- Strain into a rock glass over crushed ice. Enjoy!
Vesper: Casino Royale
3 ounces of gin 1 ounce of vodka
1/2 ounce Lillet blanc aperitif Lemon twist for garnish
- Add all the ingredients into a mixing glass with ice and stir until well-chilled.
- Strain into a chilled cocktail glass.
- Express the oils from a lemon twist over the drink, rub the twist along the rim of the glass and drop it into the cocktail. Enjoy!
Sazerac: Live and Let Die
1 sugar cube 1/2 tsp cold water 1 1/4 ounces cognac
3 dashes Peychaud’s bitters 2 dashes Angostura bitters
1/14 ounces rye whiskey Absinthe, to rinse Lemon for garnish
- Rinse a chilled rock glass with absinthe, discarding any excess and set aside.
- In a mixing glass, muddle the sugar cube, water and both bitters.
- Add the rye and cognac, fill with ice and stir until well-chilled.
- Strain into the prepared glass.
- Twist a lemon peel over the drink’s surface to extract the oils and then garnish with the peel. Enjoy!
Black Velvet: Diamonds are Forever
Guinness beer Champagne or sparkling wine
- Fill a highball glass halfway with beer.
- Fill to the top with champagne, pouring it over the back of a spoon into the glass. Enjoy!