It’s the fifteen-year anniversary of the Harry Potter and The Prisoner of Azkaban movie, an adaptation beloved for its introduction of fan-favorite Sirius Black, who offered Harry a glimpse of the family and childhood he might have known. In addition to this heartwarming (and ultimately tearjerking) experience for Harry, we ALSO get to watch Hermione Granger punch Malfoy right in his smarmy little face. We love seeing Harry get his iconic Firebolt, and no matter how many times we’ve heard them, we always smile at iconic lines like you foul, loathsome, evil little cockroach!
Gif Via WeHeartit
There are so many reasons why many believe the third franchise instalment to be the best Potter film of all. Critics cite this film as a moment that the story transitioned from binary good and evil to increasing moral ambiguity as director Alfonso Cuarón focused on interpersonal relationships and the tumultuous passage into the teenage years. Cuarón darkened the film’s color scheme to distance the ever-more-serious story from its more whimsical predecessors, and, most notably, gave the three protagonists their infamous character development essay assignment: you know, the one Emma worked hard on, Dan appreciated, and Rupert didn’t do. Though the first two films deal with powerful themes, the third marks the transition from childhood to adolescence and juxtaposes the complex reality of a teenager with the increasing tumult of the wizarding world.
Image Via Pinterest
The hit film came out in 2004, and that DOES mean it’s been long enough since the iconic film was released that those born after it have gone out and gotten their learner’s permit. (It’s scary enough when some adults drive, let alone high school freshmen.) Most of us were children then, but we’re not anymore… and that means we’re old enough to play this drinking game. So break out your butterbeer or firewhiskey, turn on the TV, and turn UP in general.
(Booze & Books(tr) reminds you to drink responsibly & read voraciously!)
Take One drink when…
1. Harry casts a Patronus spell (trust us, you won’t want to do a shot for this one…)
2. A dementor appears onscreen
3. The boggart changes form
4. Harry learns he’s in “grave danger”
5. A Daily Prophet newspaper appears onscreen
6. The Whomping Willow changes seasons
7. “Sirius Black!” is said in a grave tone or hushed whisper
gIF viA thE oDYSSEY
TAKE TWO DRINKS WHEN…
1. Animal shapeshifting occurs
2. Buckbeak takes flight!
3. The trio sees their past selves (“is that what my hair really looks like from the back?”)
4. Mischief is managed—that could be the phrase “mischief managed” OR anytime mischief takes place, depending on your alcohol tolerance
FINISH YOUR DRINK WHEN…
Malfoy gets punched in the face, duhhhhhh.