We, at Bookstr, wish all of our readers courage, safety, and health amidst the coronavirus pandemic. While we self-isolate (and read more than ever!), we will be focusing on the following:
- Supporting book lovers in helping them find new ways to get through, and keeping their love and passion for reading alive during this uncertain time.
- Supporting the independent businesses that are going to be disproportionately affected like independent bookstores and publishers.
- Creating articles featuring authors and books that will help people in managing their well-being.
- Creating ways for authors and publishers to reach the audience now that there will be a pause on things like book signings.
- Helping maintain community and support through the book loving community.
- Lastly, trying to help create a sense of normalcy by continuing to create fun content.
At a time like this, a lot of people need support, and the book community is no exception.
Below are a couple of businesses that we think you should keep an eye on, and support where you can!
Your local bookstore would definitely appreciate an online order, a gift card purchase, or even just words of encouragement!
These are crazy times, and this is an experience wholly unprecedented.Stay safe, stay healthy, stay sane (as much as you can!) and happy reading.
feature image via bookstr
Bookstr is community supported. If you enjoy Bookstr’s articles, quizzes, graphics and videos, please join our Patreon to support our writers and creators or donate to our Paypal and help Bookstr to keep supporting the book loving community.
Become a Patron!