Annabeth Chase from Percy Jackson has captured the hearts of readers for years. With her witty remarks and quirky, yet sweet, relationship with the titular character Percy, she has become a fandom favorite. We’ve put together a list of some of her best quotes that made us fall in love with her.
1. “I don’t have an I’m-planning-something look.”
We love this quote because Annabeth definitely has that look, and the fact that she’s arguing with Percy in this context is quite funny. Percy goes on to describe what her “I’m planning-something look” is, which adds to the amusing scene. Also, chances are we’ve all got one of these looks! Therefore, it only makes her more relatable.
2. “You drool when you sleep.”
These are Annabeth’s first words to Percy. They’ve become the most popular quote of Percabeth shippers (Annabeth and Percy) because this quote accurately describes the comedic, sarcastic relationship between the two characters. Plus, it’s just simply humorous and blunt.
3. “Your head is full of kelp.”
What better way to insult a son of Poseidon than telling him his head is full of kelp? I have some people I’d like to say this to, that’s for sure.
4. “Piper McLean,” Annabeth grumbled, “that was without a doubt the dumbest risk I’ve ever seen anyone take, and I date a dumb risk-taker.”
The ability to insult both Percy and Piper in one sentence is quite admirable. Additionally, this just further intensifies how cute she and Percy are, as she makes fun of him affectionately.
5. “Percy, explaining things to you is like lecturing a gerbil.”
Annabeth is back at it again with quick-witted remarks. Equally important, her relationship with Percy and her ability to make fun of him in a loving way is super adorable and relatable. Obviously, we love her sarcastic quips.
6. “Annabeth’s shoulders ached. The elevator’s easy-listening music didn’t help. If all monsters had to hear that song about liking piña coladas and getting caught in the rain, no wonder they were in the mood for carnage when they reached the mortal world.”
If we’re being real, we’ve all heard this song, and we’ve all probably hated it at some point. Annabeth is just spewing facts at this point. If I were a monster and I heard Rupert Holmes’s Escape, I truly would want to destroy the world. You’ve thought it, I’ve thought it, and Annabeth’s thought it. Again, she’s just stating the truth.
7. “I’ve been waiting a long time for a quest, Seaweed Brain,” she said. “Athena is no fan of Poseidon, but if you’re going to save the world, I’m the best person to keep you from messing up.”
Annabeth just constantly makes fun of Percy affectionately, and we are indeed here for it. Moreover, Percy probably would mess up the world, and Annabeth has a great point. If anyone could stop the world from blowing up at Percy’s hands, Annabeth would be our best bet.
8. “I am never, ever going to make things easy for you, Seaweed Brain. Get used to it.”
This quote is probably the cutest quote on this list. As Percy expresses his feelings for Annabeth, he tells her that she isn’t making it easy for him, and this is her reply. What’s more, is that this is right before they kiss for the first time. This quote is so cute and heartfelt that we can’t get enough. Without a doubt, these two love each other.
This list is just some of our favorite Annabeth Chase quotes. After reading these, how can you not love her? She’s such a badass, witty, and clever woman we absolutely adore and admire. Which one was your favorite?
For more Annabeth Chase articles, click here.