Can you believe how fast time flies? Today marks the 19th anniversary of Dan Brown’s bestselling novel, The Da Vinci Code. Whether you’ve read it or watched the highly successful movie starring Tom Hanks, you know how intriguing and thought-provoking this mystery thriller is. We took a close look at the novel and handpicked five quotes that still connect with us today.
5. “Coincidence was a concept he did not entirely trust. As someone who had spent his life exploring the hidden interconnectivity of disparate emblems and ideologies, Langdon viewed the world as a web of profoundly intertwined histories and events. The connections may be invisible, he often preached to his symbology classes at Harvard, but they are always there, buried just beneath the surface.”
4. Can you keep secrets? Can you know a thing and never say it again?”
3. “Men go to far greater lengths to avoid what they fear than to obtain what they desire.”
2. “History is always written by the winners. When two cultures clash, the loser is obliterated, and the winner writes the history books-books which glorify their own cause and disparage the conquered foe. As Napoleon once said, ‘What is history, but a fable agreed upon?”
1. “Everyone loves a conspiracy.”
For more book quotes, click here!