Princess Diana was a beloved international icon. Even after her tragic death, Diana Frances Spencer continued to live on through her various charities and fundraisers. During her time as princess, she maintained a strong public image as a woman with tenacious convictions and a kind soul willing to help anyone she could. In honor of her anniversary today, here are 20 quotes by this beloved and real princess.
Image Via Popsugar
1. Carry out a random act of kindness, with no expectation of reward, safe in the knowledge that one day someone might do the same for you.
2. Hugs can do great amounts of good – especially for children.
3. I don’t go by the rule book… I lead from the heart, not the head.
4. Being a princess isn’t all it’s cracked up to be.
5. HIV does not make people dangerous to know, so you can shake their hands and give them a hug: Heaven knows they need it.
6. The biggest disease this day and age is that of people feeling unloved.
7. Life is just a journey.
8. Everyone of us needs to show how much we care for each other and, in the process, care for ourselves.
9. People think that at the end of the day a man is the only answer. Actually, a fulfilling job is better for me.
10. The greatest problem in the world today is intolerance. Everyone is so intolerant of each other.
11. I want my boys to have an understanding of people’s emotions, their insecurities, people’s distress, and their hopes and dreams.
12. You can’t comfort the afflicted with afflicting the comfortable.
13. I want to walk into a room, be it a hospital for the dying or a hospital for the sick children, and feel that I am needed. I want to do, not just to be.
14. I’d like to be a queen in people’s hearts but I don’t see myself being queen of this country.
15. I know that I can give love for a minute, for half an hour, for a day, for a month, but I can give. I am very happy to do that, I want to do that.
16. Anywhere I see suffering, that is where I want to be, doing what I can.
17. I knew what my job was; it was to go out and meet the people and love them.
18. If men had to have babies, they would only ever have one each.
19. I’m aware that people I have loved and have died and are in the spirit world looking after me.
20. It’s vital that the monarchy keeps in touch with the people. It’s what I try and do.
Featured Image Via Daily Mirror