Freddie Mercury’s voice is cherished by many, even years after his death. The talented artist helped create a new sound altogether with his fellow bandmates in Queen. He is not only remembered by adoring fans, but also many friends and loved ones. Freddie Mercury truly touched the hearts of his fans with not only his generosity and kindness, but also because of his amazing performances. Since his birthday recently just passed and a movie depicting his life is coming out soon, here are 20 larger than life quotes by the awe-inspiring musician, lovable human being, and just overall mega-star that was Freddie Mercury.
Image Via Daily Express
1. I dress to kill, but tastefully.
2. I won’t be a rock star. I will be a legend.
3. When I’m dead, I want to be remembered as a musician of some worth and substance.
4. You know, I designed the Queen crest. I simply combined all the creatures that represent our star signs-and I don’t even believe in astrology.
5. The reason we’re successful, darling? My overall charisma, of course.
6. I always knew I was a star And now, the rest of the world seems to agree with me.
7. I’m just a musical prostitute, my dear
8. In the early days, we just wore black onstage. Very bold, my dear. Then we introduced white, for variety, and it simply grew and grew.
9. I guess I’ve always lived the glamorous life of a star. It ‘s nothing new – I used to spend down to the last dime.
10. We’re a bit flashy, but the music’s not one big noise.
11. We’ve gone overboard on every Queen album. But that’s Queen.
12. Onstage, I am a devil. But I’m hardly a social reject.
13. Years ago, I thought up the name Queen. It’s just a name. But it’s regal, obviously, and -sounds splendid.
14. I’m hopeless with money; I simply spend what I’ve got.
15. We’re a very expensive group; we break a lot of rules. It’s unheard of to combine opera with a rock theme, my dear .
16. What will I be doing in twenty years’ time? I’ll be dead, darling! Are you crazy?
17. Money may not buy happiness, but it can damn well give it!
18. Who wants to live forever?
19. I’m very emotional; I think I may go mad in several years’ time.
20. I have fun with my clothes onstage; it’s not a concert you’re seeing, it’s a fashion show.
Featured Image Via POPSUGAR