For National Winnie-the-Pooh Day, what would be better than venturing into The Hundred Acre Wood itself for some good old life advice?
Even though Winnie-the-Pooh by AA Milne was originally published in 1926, its advice still rings true today. Children of all ages have at least heard of Winnie-the-Pooh, Christopher Robin’s stuffed bear. Pooh, along with his friends, live in the whimsical world of The Hundred Acre Wood, where Christopher Robin and his friends frequently go on adventures. Unlike other children’s stories, Winnie-the-Pooh‘s morals hold true even over 90 years later. And listen, these morals don’t just apply to kids. They can teach adults how to adult better.
So on this day which honors the children’s books, take a gander at this list of the most epic quotes said by Pooh and his friends in the book series; they don’t just teach children how to be kinder, braver, and more empathic, but can teach adults a thing or two:
- “You’re braver than you believe, stronger than you seem, and smarter than you think.” -Christopher Robin
- “It never hurts to keep looking for the sunshine.” -Eeyore
- “I am short, fat, and proud of that.” -Winnie-the-Pooh
- “The most important thing is, even when we’re apart … I’ll always be with you …” -Winnie-the-Pooh
- “Any day spent with you is my favorite day.” -Winnie-the-Pooh
- “After all, one can’t complain. I have my friends.” -Eeyore
- “The things that make me different are the things that make me, me.” -Piglet
- “A hug is always the right size.” -Winnie-the-Pooh
- “A little consideration, a little thought for others, makes all the difference.” -Eeyore
- “Sometimes the smallest things take up the most room in your heart.” -Winnie-the-Pooh
- “If there ever comes a day when we can’t be together, keep me in your heart, I’ll stay there forever.” Winnie-the-Pooh
- “Always watch where you are going. Otherwise, you may step on a piece of the Forest that was left out by mistake.” -Winnie-the-Pooh
- “I’m not lost for I know where I am. But however, where I am may be lost.” -Winnie-the-Pooh
- “Love is taking a few steps backward maybe even more to give way to the happiness of the person you love.” -Winnie-the-Pooh
- “If people are upset because you’ve forgotten something, console them by letting them know you didn’t forget—you just weren’t remembering.” -Winnie-the-Pooh
Eeyore’s quotes ring so much truth. What are your favorite quotes from Milne’s famous works?
Featured Images Via Metro and Disney Fandom