Nothing seems to charm or capture hearts quite like the classic film and novel that is Gone with the Wind. I remember hearing its name quite often as a kid. My grandma or dad would talk about the film over the dinner table, snapping their fingers while they try and recall certain scenes. And with a movie as wonderful as the book, how could anyone forget the not-so-typical love story that survived wars, wreckage, and heartbreak?
Image Via Amazon
In case you have forgotten the Margaret Mitchell work and its lengthy adaptation, here are some quotes to remind you that, frankly, I don’t give a damn.
1. “Burdens are for shoulders strong enough to carry them.”
2. “Well, my dear, take heart. Some day, I will kiss you and you will like it. But not now, so I beg you not to be too impatient.”
3. “It was better to know the worst than to wonder.”
4. “Perhaps – I want the old days back again and they’ll never come back, and I am haunted by the memory of them and of the world falling about my ears. ”
5. “Until you’ve lost your reputation, you never realize what a burden it was or what freedom really is.”
6. “Death, taxes and childbirth! There’s never any convenient time for any of them.”
7. “Life’s under no obligation to give us what we expect. We take what we get and are thankful it’s no worse than it is.”
8. “I loved something I made up, something that’s just as dead as Melly is. I made a pretty suit of clothes and fell in love with it. And when Ashley came riding along, so handsome, so different, I put that suit on him and made him wear it whether it fitted him or not. And I wouldn’t see what he really was. I kept on loving the pretty clothes—and not him at all.”
9. “And apologies, once postponed, become harder and harder to make, and finally impossible.”
10. “Never pass up new experiences Scarlett, They enrich the mind.”
11. “Men and women, they were beautiful and wild, all a little violent under their pleasant ways and only a little tamed.”
Feature Image Via Bustle