Sarah J. Maas has been taking the literary world by storm as her two YA fantasy series (Throne of Glass and A Court of Thorns and Roses) have steadily gained a following amongst readers everywhere.
The success of these action-packed series have received widespread attention recently, as Hulu has picked up Throne of Glass and Hollywood is reportedly preparing to bring A Court of Thorns and Roses to the big screen. Indeed, Maas’ work has caused a frenzy, and by her writing, we know why.
Here are 10 quotes from Throne of Glass that show what the hype is all about.
1. “Libraries were full of ideas—perhaps the most dangerous and powerful of all weapons.”
2. “Names are not important. It’s what lies inside of you that matters.”
3. “She had often wished for adventure, for old spells and wicked kings.”
4. “Still, the image haunted his dreams throughout the night: a lovely girl gazing at the stars, and the stars who gazed back.”
5. “She haunted his thoughts, made him wish to do grand and wonderful things in her name.”
6. “Maps had always interested her; there was something bewitching in knowing one’s precise location in relation to others on the earth.”
7. “No. I can survive well enough on my own— if given the proper reading material.”
8. “Sometimes, the wicked will tell us things just to confuse us–to haunt our thoughts long after we’ve faced them.”
9. “We all bear scars. Mine just happen to be more visible than most.”
10. “We each survive in our own way.”