Sometimes book shopping can be overwhelming until that one spine catches your eye. They say not to judge a book by its cover, but how can you resist when it’s just so breathtakingly beautiful? There are times when a book cover grabs your attention for all the wrong reasons. Here are 10 of the weirdest book covers that are available for purchase.
1) Are Women Human? And Other Internal Dialogues by Catherine A. MacKinnon
Last time I checked, yes.
2) Fancy Coffins to Make Yourself by Dale Power
Talk about going out in style.
3) Knitting With Dog Hair: Better A Sweater From A Dog You Know and Love Than From A Sheep You’ll Never Meet by Kendall Crolious and Anne Montgomery
For resourceful pet owners everywhere.
4) Goblinproofing One’s Chicken Coop by Reginald Bakeley
Pesky goblins will never mess with your chickens again!
5) How To Avoid Huge Ships by Captain John W. Trimmer
Finally, some practical advice.
6) Make it in Denim by Hazel Todhunter
Do you think this is what Britney Spears and Justin Timberlake read before the 2001 American Music Awards?
7) The Stray Shopping Carts of Eastern North America: A Guide to Field Identification by Julian Montague
8) Strangers Have the Best Candy by Margaret Meps Schulte
Everything I know is a lie.
9) Everything I Know About Women I Learned from My Tractor by Roger Welsch
Why does this sound like this could be a Saturday Night Live sketch?
10) The New Radiation Recipe Book
Tastes just like the toxins mom used to make!