Margaret Atwood. Booker Prize winner. Feminist icon. Badass lady. Here are some of her coolest quotes to get you fired up.
You, pumping yourself up to these quotes | Via Giphy
1. Little girls are cute and small only to adults. To one another they are not cute. They are life-sized.
2. Men are afraid that women will laugh at them. Women are afraid that men will kill them.
3. Don’t let the bastards grind you down.
4. We still think of a powerful man as a born leader and a powerful woman as an anomaly.
5. Men often ask me, “why are your female characters so paranoid?” It’s not paranoia. It’s recognition of their situation.
6. The genesis of a poem for me is usually a cluster of words. The only good metaphor I can think of is a scientific one: dipping a thread into a supersaturated solution to induce crystal formation.
7. Any novel is hopeful in that it presupposes a reader. It is, actually, a hopeful act just to write anything, really, because you’re assuming that someone will be around to [read] it.
8. A word after a word after a word is power.
9. War is what happens when language fails.
10. I read for pleasure and that is the moment I learn the most.
Look at that face. She knows what’s up | Via Giphy
Featured Image Via Variety