Happy birthday Bernie!
Bernie Sanders has continued to speak out against corruption for decades now, and the man doesn’t seem to be stopping any time soon. While there are many conflicting opinions in the world of politics these days, Bernie is one of the few politicians that has been and continues to be incredibly honest and genuine. So, in honor of our fellow American’s birthday today, here are our top 10 favorite quotes by Bernie Sanders.
Younger Bernie Sanders at protesting for civil rights | Image via LidTime.com
1. Let us understand that when we stand together, we will always win. When men and women stand together for justice, we win. When black, white and Hispanic people stand together for justice, we win.
2. Yes. We become stronger when black and white, Latino, Asian-American, Native American – when all of us stand together.
3. For many, the American dream has become a nightmare.
4. Difficult times often bring out the best in people.
5. What being a socialist means is… that you hold out… a vision of society where poverty is absolutely unnecessary, where international relations are not based on greed… but on cooperation… where human beings can own the means of production and work together rather than having to work as semi-slaves to other people who can hire and fire.
6. I believe when we stand together when we share the vision that government should work for all of us, there is nothing we can’t accomplish.
7. I’m not much into speculation.
8. You can have a different point of view on immigration or anything else, but we cannot be attacking people because of their religion.
9. America becomes a greater nation when we stand together and say no to racism, hatred, and bigotry.
10. It’s easy to apologize for making bad decisions. It’s harder to make the right ones.
Featured Image via CNN.com